Monday, March 12, 2012

Resetting Goals

All is well again. I was able to get new arthritis medication communicating strictly through voicemails alone with my rheumatologist's assistant. I was scared originally because a lot of people reported having some really bad side effects with it. So far, all is good. The pain and swelling is still there but the medication did say that it could take up to 2 weeks for the medicine to take effect. Figures!

In other news, my husband and I are back to working on toning up for our August trip. We stopped for a little while due to laziness (another bad habit we have to break). To hopefully help this along, I have decided to make some goals that aren't as vague:
  • Exercise for 25 minutes 3 times a week
  • Have some form of vegetable and/or fruit everyday
  • Limit carbs consumed. This means only 1-2 pieces of bread with dinner and 3/4 the original portion size for pasta. I plan to eventually half it, but I really, really like pasta...and bread!
I think those are good for now. Let's try this for one week and see if we will be able to increase it to two weeks, one month, three months, six months then a year.


Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment