Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Problem with Doctors

Recently, I have been having trouble with my arthritis. I went to see my rheumatologist on February 14th and reported no trouble at all. Everything was going nicely with my medication and I couldn't had been happier. So, my doctor scheduled me an appointment for 6 months from then. About a week ago, it seems that my arthritis wasn't taking to the medication as nicely as before.

Since I don't remember if I have mentioned this before, I was diagnosed last year with Psoriatic Arthritis in my SI joint and sternoclavicular joint. I have had x-rays to confirm the inflammation in my SI joint, but no tests were done for the sternoclavicular joint. At my first appointment, I was asked if I had any other pain besides the SI joint and that's when I pointed out the noticeable swelling and explained the on and off pain. I informed my rheumatologist that my primary care doctor thought it was costacondritis, for which nothing could be done for and it was left at that. Without doing any tests, my rheumatologist diagnosed me with arthritis in my sternoclavicular joint as well since the swelling was way too high to be costacondritis.

Back to the story... since a week ago, I have had on-again, off-again pain in the sternoclavicular joint. Doing what I have been told, I called my rheumatologist yesterday morning. I explained what was going on to the receptionist and she forwarded me to my rheumatologist's assistant, who I have met but never called before. Not only did the phone not ring and go straight to his voicemail, but I have not received a call back yet! I called twice and haven't heard a word back. What's the deal!? I am in pain here and it is very much affecting my posture! I don't know what to do. I have spoken with my NH manager about this and she thinks I should just go to the office and demand to speak with someone. She's pushy like that, which makes her a great mother and great manager. I am very passive aggressive, which is why I am only an assistant. I am beyond frustrated and I don't understand why people can't do their jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment