Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Right Place at the Right Time

A little while back in August 2011, I was told that I would be a competitive candidate for a Program Assistant position by my supervisor. I had applied to the only opening at the time and was one of only two people that were being interviewed. The only problem being that the other candidate was a temp working in the same department that the position was hiring for. I looked great, felt great, had a super awesome interview but realized that since the people hiring already knew and loved the other candidate, I had no chance. Sure enough the position was given to the other temp and, to make myself  feel better about it, determined that I was just not in the right place at the right time. Since then, everyone that I have worked with within the company has been looking out for me. They've been recommending me for temporary and permanent positions throughout the company. I have been working steadily thanks to them for almost a year.

Well, today my perseverance finally paid off. One of the Program Assistants within the department I am temping for has resigned. What this means is simple, as complicated as it may sound. The lady that I am filling in for right now is on maternity leave. When she comes back, she will resuming the position of the lady who resigned. That, in turn, leaves an open Program Assistant position, the position that I am currently in. Guess who they really (and, apparently, I mean REALLY) want to continue in that position??? [points to self while jumping up and down!!]

This was totally unexpected! So unexpected that I remember laying in bed with my husband only a couple days or so ago and discussing how much I would really love to have this position because I love working with the people I am working with. I remember discussing with my husband about how I just wasn't at the right place at the right time when it came to the NECAP position. God didn't want me there apparently, he wants me here and this is where I am to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment