Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Progress

My husband is doing a little better with the weight loss thing. We still aren't very active and we still haven't gone to the gym but he is trying to think of way to make it easier for us to eat healthier (minus buying candy at the shoe store). I know, it's only been one day, give him/us time. Last night, we had a stir fry for dinner. I love using fresh vegetables, but I had to face the facts: I don't yet have the discipline to stick to eating vegetables for dinner twice a week if I have to cut up fresh vegetables every time. So, I thought maybe we could try frozen vegetables. I would grab a handful of each vegetables and throw it in. Pete thought of a way to make it even more efficient. Put together a meal size serving into a freezer bag, repeat that a couple times. His thought is that if we don't even have to think about the meal, if all we have to do is grab one bag and dump it into a pan, we will be more likely to do it.

I also took one more step towards getting ready to lose weight. I bought myself some new sneaks! My current pairs were sad...very, very sad. My white and pink New Balance shoes were losing the soles. I don't blame them for coming loose, I've owned them for close to 5 years and I bought them pre-owned. They are officially my yard work/painting/grungy shoes. My second pair were just too small for my feet. I bought them knowing they were too small, but I couldn't help it. I thought maybe I could stretch them out...yea, no. Those would be my black Pumas. I've wanted a pair ever since middle school but they were just too expensive. They were on sale for $20!!! Just poor timing for my feet... oh well! My newest pair are some white and purple Saucony's. See here. They feel amazing on my feet... I just don't like the purple. I wanted a similar pair (just grey and blue; sorry I am unable to find a picture) but they didn't have my size. They had my size, just not in Wide. "Darn my fat feet!": I consistently say while shoe shopping. My husband even tried to make light of the situation saying something like "Geez! Glasses, arthritis AND wide feet!? I think we need to send you back to the factory. You're broken!" Luckily, I did find that funny, mainly because I do feel broken a lot. Or at least more broken than I should at my age.

No comments:

Post a Comment