Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Frustration Leading to Sadness

I was expecting to get our treadmill this past weekend. Ever since my husband received the pamphlet with the dimensions of the box, he was convinced that he would be able to fit in the back of the Honda Fit. I wasn't so sure. After deciding that we were going to go for the Livestrong LS 8.0T, Pete kept going on and on about how he knew it would fit. I insisted on him measuring with all possible space available. He measured and all though there still wasn't enough space, he was still convinced. I refused to purchase it until took something solid to measure the length (a measuring tape can bend in a way that a box can't) and convince me that without any problems it will fit. I told him everyday after work that he should try doing that. Convince me! Then Friday night, he found a piece of strapping that was the same length as the treadmill. He looks at it and finally says "Ya know what? I don't think it's going to fit." .... really? You think?! I don't understand why he doesn't listen to me. It's not that he doesn't listen to me all the time, but when he gets something into his head there is no way to get it out. He wasted all this time with a mental picture of how he wanted it to happen that he didn't have time to call a friend or family member to see if they could help us. Now we have to wait another week to get the treadmill. Another week of doing nothing but sit around and get fatter. I am already 130 lbs! I don't need any more fat on me!

I had a bit of a breakdown last night. Pete had broken the news to me that his dad wasn't going to help us with the treadmill until Sunday. I was hoping to get it sometime during the week since his dad works practically down the street from the Dicks Sporting Goods that we are purchasing it from. Then he told me that we have another month of gym membership because we didn't get their early enough to cancel. Pete told me that I shouldn't be upset about his dad because we can still go to the gym. Yea, right... when are we ever going to do that?! There was a reason why we were getting the treadmill. I don't have any motivation after or before work to wait for an available treadmill, I don't exactly feel like putting on a bathing suit (who really wants to see a fatty in a skimpy VS bathing suit anyways) and Pete is too tired after work to help motivate either of us to go. Not to mention that this gym is so unbelievably air conditioned and I freeze just changing in the locker rooms.

Pete said that he is going to help with my eating, make sure I'm eating healthy. I hate to say this but I don't believe him. I'm always the one swatting his hands away from the cookies. I hate feeling that I have to do this weight loss thing on my own. At the gym, I used to have to push Pete, all the time. If I wasn't forcing him to get out of the car and go into the gym, we didn't go. I had to convince him to run, to lift the weight just a couple more times. It was exhausting to go to the gym, because of all the mental energy it took to motivate myself and to motivate him. Why do I always have to do it all the time?

No comments:

Post a Comment