Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Weekend of Solutions

I was able to speak with my husband seriously about my loneliness this weekend. I believe I was having a big freak out about it because it was mid-week. When it comes to work, taking care of the home, spending time with the kitten and relaxing, there isn't much time to see and spend time with my husband. Saturday came and we spent the entire day together. Sure, we were also with a mutual friend, who needed some support with the end of his marriage, and my family but we got to spend time together, talking. My husband agreed that he will try everyday after work, the spend at least 15 minutes with me. That also means that I must try and pay attention to him as well, which in turn, means no watching TV. I am a total TV junkie. So, if I am bored or if a TV just happens to be on, I will watch for hours. I know super horrible for my health.

Well that's something we are trying to rectify as well. A couple of years ago, we got a gym membership to one of the best gyms I have ever been to. The only problem with it, at this point, is that everyone else thinks it's the best gym as well. It is always crowded, and we spend a lot of time complaining and stressing out because of it. It has become so stressful to go, that we just don't want to wake up early or spend time after work to do so. Since then, I have gained 10 lbs. Now that's not a lot, considering that it only brings me to 130 lbs, but I am really freaking out about it. I'm not fitting in any of my jeans and I feel FAT! Now you would probably see me and, like most of my friends, think that it would be absolutely impossible for me to be fat but this is coming from a woman, who in college, was only 115lbs and was feeling good (not great, but good). That being said, we are cancelling our gym membership and investing in a treadmill. I mean all we really want to be is home anyways and I would be able to watch what I want while I am on the treadmill. I feel like such a genius! I know what to do to stop being fat, to be able to lose the baby weight after having kids some day. I know it's not a new idea, but I feel it's the best one that's been made in a while (since I bought my new car in October 2011). 

No comments:

Post a Comment