Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Kindness of Strangers

So as you know, I have been attending workshops all week this week. Wednesday was my longest haul. I had to drive to Bedford to be there at 7:00AM. I'm not very good at driving in the dark, so naturally I got lost when the GPS fell off of the windshield. Nevertheless, I still got there 45 minutes before my manager did. The day ran smoothly and I ended up leaving to go back to HQ a little later than I usually do, thanks to having to cancel today's workshop due to the snow. Ever since we arrived at the workshop, there was one man who was a tremendous help. I mean, it was his job to do whatever we wanted him to do, but we didn't even have to ask him! He not only helped us unload but he kept reminding me to eat something, since there was the catered food right there anyways. He even noticed when I had not left yet, since we told him I was going to be leaving roughly 9:00-ish. Come 10:30, I was still there and he insisted that I order something for lunch. I put in my order and informed him that I still wasn't sure if I was going to be here for lunch. He just informed me back that we would figure something out. As I was helping my manager back up left over materials, the receptionist had told me that she was instructed by this man to not let me leave without my lunch. I couldn't help but think how sweet that was of him to ensure that I receive my lunch. It made me think that there was definitely someone out there looking out for me, especially since I hadn't had the time to pack a lunch that day. I hadn't even told anyone that I didn't have a lunch that day. That being said: I thank you, Gary! Thank you for making sure I had food to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment