Tuesday, January 10, 2012

You are a great husband - just a lousy housekeeper

Lately my husband and I have been arguing quite often regarding housework. He gets upset at me because I keep "giving him orders". Maybe that shouldn't be in quotes, I do give him orders. I get upset at him because he doesn't follow my orders. I know, I know. Who the hell am I? I mean the guy works all day taking orders from his manager and then has to come home to his wife twitching about the house not being clean. I spoke with one of my coworkers about it. I know I am not the only wife who does this but apparently she isn't one of them. She works a full time job, takes care of her daughter, cooks, cleans, does laundry, washes dishes - the whole nine yards. Now, this lady is not one of those exhausted, I-can't-take-it-anymore! wives. She is the happiest, kindest, most understanding person I know. I just don't understand how she does it. Anyways, I explained the arguments I was having to her and she said it very simply: I work a full time job too. I shouldn't necessary turn my home into a Nazi camp and make my husband cater to my every whim, but he needs to help out as well.

After thinking about this I came to a likely conclusion: a clean house is nice, but a happy marriage is even better! My husband is not perfect, nor will I ever be perfect. We just have to accept each other for who we are, clean house or dirty!!


No comments:

Post a Comment